top of page
Saint George Missionary Orthodox Parish
The parish "Saint George the Great Martyr, the Bearer of Victory" was established in 2008 by His Eminence Bishop Michael, by the decision taken during the first Diocesan Assembly of the newly established Diocesis of Australia and New Zealand.
Father Ovidiu Anton Motofelea was appointed parish priest and was installed in the new parish on March 6, 2009.
For the next 10 years, the Holy Services took place in our parish in 2 locations rented in the city of Hamilton.
On 15 and 16 of August, 2019, at the Celebration of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Holy Martyrs Brancoveni: Constantin Voievod with his four sons, Constantin, Stefan, Radu and Matei, and Saint Ianache, by mercy and to the Glory of God, the parish bought his home in Matangi, Hamilton - a former Anglican Church built in 1933.
Since March 2016, the parish priest has also been the Dean of New Zealand.
bottom of page